IN ALMOST 8% OF TRIALS IN 2005, THE PLAINTIFF WINNER WAS AWARDED $1 MILLION OR MORE IN COMPENSATORY AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
Source: U.S. Department of Justice, 2015 (most current data available)
Welcome to our research center. We’ve put together a library of information on important financial topics that we believe you’ll find helpful.
Simply click on one of the general financial topics below, and you’ll find a selection of easy-to-understand information about related financial concepts. This information is updated regularly to reflect the latest facts, figures, and trends.
- Insuring the Vehicles That Drive Your Business
- Business Owners Policy: Basic Protection for Multiple Risks
- Specialty Liability Coverage
- Workers’ Comp Takes Care of Your Team
- The 17 Perils
- Actual Cash Value vs. Replacement Cost
- Understanding Deductibles
- Documentation of Valuables
- Expanding Coverage
- Floaters for the Finer Things
- Flood Insurance
- Insuring a Home
- The Basics of Homeowners Insurance
- Cover Yourself with an Umbrella Liability Policy
- Insuring a Condominium
- Special Circumstances: Property Under Construction and Rental Property
- Renters Insurance
- On the Move: Insurance Protection for Your Automobile and Other Vehicles
- Auto Insurance Basics: Liability, Collision, Comprehensive
- Additional and Optional Coverages
- Who’s At Fault?
- Premiums and Discounts: Factors that Affect Your Rate
- What To Do After an Accident
- Getting Your Car Back
- Using Your Personal Car for Business
- Risky Drivers
- Adding a Teen or College-bound Driver
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Watch the Hull: Insurance for Boats and Other Watercraft
- Specialty Policies Insure Fun
- Aviation Insurance
Term life insurance differs from permanent forms of life insurance in that it offers temporary protection.
Some of the pros and cons of whole life insurance.
Consider a universal life insurance policy if you want the flexibility to change your premium or death benefit.
Variable life insurance gives you the control to allocate your account value among a variety of investment options.
- Auto Insurance
- Insurance Claims
Several factors could undermine the financial security provided by the proceeds of your life insurance policy.
To help you choose insurance wisely, determine how much coverage and what kind of policy is best for your situation.
- Protecting Your Home
There are 3 basic types of medical insurance plans: fee-for-service, managed care, and high-deductible health plan.
Consider add’l liability ins. to help protect you from the potentially devastating effects of liability lawsuits.
- HMOs and PPOs
Using a financially sound insurance company is an important part of ensuring your family’s financial security.
The odds of needing long-term care increase as you age. Prior planning can help protect you from financial ruin.
Medicare is the federal health insurance program for those persons age 65 and over. But what does it cover?
If you were to suffer an illness or disability that required long-term nursing care, would you be covered?